IRONMAN 70.3 Indian Wells La Quinta Traffic Info
The 2019 IRONMAN 70.3 Indian Wells La Quinta triathlon will take place on Sunday, December 8, from approximately 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Please be advised that during this time, lanes and roads will be closed off periodically to accommodate the athletes participating in the IRONMAN race.
CLICK HERE to view the IRONMAN website for an exact list of closure and times.
CLICK HERE for the interactive community map.
Getting Around Quick Facts:
- Fred Warning Drive will replace HWY 111 as the main artery for east/west traffic during the race
- Roads not marked will have normal traffic flow
- No crossing at the following intersections:
- Jefferson St. and Mile Ave (eastbound)
- Jefferson St. and Westward Ho Dr. (eastbound and westbound)
- Jefferson St. and HWY 111 (eastbound and westbound)
- Jefferson St. and Avenue 48 (eastbound and westbound)
- Jefferson St. and Avenue 50 (eastbound and westbound)
- North and Southbound travel will be open on Jefferson St. except NB Jefferson from 52 to Pomello
- Use the same route when traveling back home
- Adams St. and Dune Palms Rd. open at HWY 111
- EXPECT DELAYS at all metering intersections
- Northbound Monroe St. closed from Ave 58 to Ave 52 Local access only on WB Ave 52 after Dunes Palms Rd.
- No east travel on Miles Ave. after Dune Palms Rd.
- Miles Ave. and Adams St. and Miles Ave. and Dune Palms Rd. intersections metered at northbound and southbound only (EXPECT DELAYS)
- Southbound travel ONLY on Monroe St. from Avenue 52 to Avenue 58
- At the Avenue 52 roundabout, there will be eastbound, westbound and southbound travel
For more information on metering and helpful race day tips, CLICK/TAP HERE.
To view the specific route, CLICK HERE for the most current information. All lane and road restrictions will be synced into the Waze App 24 hours prior to the race. If you have any questions about the traffic impact, feel free to contact IRONMAN representatives directly from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Race Day 5 a.m. - 4 p.m. at (760) 668-7856.